During this 2021 holiday season we want to express our sincere gratitude to our community for trusting Parkwest Medical Center and Peninsula Behavioral Health with your healthcare. We’re so grateful for our amazing team of physicians, employees and volunteers who continue to put our patients first each and every day. Their commitment to excellence has helped us trail blaze through another year of uncharted territory caring for COVID-19 patients. We’re so proud of the exceptional
work our team has done.
This year our team received some well-deserved recognition for outstanding accomplishments. Here’s just a few of the recent accolades Parkwest has received:
- GoldPlus Stroke Quality Achievement Award, GoldPlus STEMI and Gold NSTEMI Awards from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for excellence in heart and stroke care
- Bariatric surgery program accredited by the American College of Surgeons and American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Blue Distinction+ recognition for knee replacement and hip surgery, maternity care, spine surgery, and Blue Distinction recognition for bariatric surgery
- Tennessee BEST for Babies Designation
- Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital by Fortune/IBM Watson Health
- Top Ten Regional Hospital in Tennessee by U.S. News & World Report, as well as high performing metrics in heart attack care, heart failure care, hip and knee replacement care, colon cancer surgery and COPD care.
Parkwest is also pleased to be a member of Covenant Health, which has been named a Best Employer seven times by Forbes.
In addition to these awards, our Peninsula team has continued to identify opportunities for making mental health services more accessible to the community by offering tele-health and consult services, and providing peer recovery navigators in the emergency department at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center to help patients suffering from substance use disorders.
Again, thank you for choosing Parkwest Medical Center for your healthcare needs. From our leadership Parkwest and Peninsula family, we wish you a safe and healthy holiday season and a blessed New Year!