The Excitement is Building: Construction Project Updates
Parkwest Medical Center‘s $99 million construction project is currently underway on our west Knoxville campus.
This project allows for patient care improvements, and growth on our main campus.
Highlights of the construction project include:
- A new patient care tower with modern, spacious rooms.
- Additional operating rooms and an expansion of surgical support space within the existing main surgery area of the hospital.
- Construction of a dedicated entrance for surgical patients.
- Construction of a clinical observation unit within the existing Montvue Tower. This will help our staff and physicians better serve observation patients who do not need to be admitted as inpatients.
- Relocation of the helipad closer to the Emergency Care Center. The new location will allow even quicker access for patients across the region who are airlifted to Parkwest for emergency medical attention.
The renovated medical center will have a campus-like design, with added street-level parking available for guests. Completion of the two main parts of the project is expected in June 2019 and January 2020.