Welcome to our weekly feature — Staff Throwback Thursday! In this feature we’ll be checking in with employees who have worked at Parkwest for more than twenty years! We hope you enjoy learning more about our long-term employees!
Connie Wagner, Radiology, Director
- How long have you worked with Parkwest/Covenant Health? 21 years at Parkwest, 29 years with Covenant Health.
- How much has the hospital grown or changed since you were hired? The entire design of the campus started changing with the building of the Tower; and, the imaging technology at PW offered many firsts for the system. For example, Parkwest was the first Covenant Health facility to have/offer:
- PACS (Medical imaging technology which provides storage and convenient access to images)
- multi-slice CT scanner
- digital mammography unit
- breast 3D breast (tomosynthesis) imaging
- breast MRI imaging
- 3T MRI unit in Knoxville
- elastrography in Ultrasound
- MRI imaging to patients with pacemakers.
- What’s kept you at Parkwest over twenty years? The willingness of the employees to grasp new concepts and technology. The culture of a community that supports and cares for one another. We are a tight knit family.