Staff Throwback Thursday
Welcome to our weekly feature — Staff Throwback Thursday! In this feature we’ll be checking in with employees who have worked at Parkwest for more than twenty years! We hope you enjoy learning more about our long-term employees!
Scott Hamilton, Administration, Chief Financial Officer
- How long have you been at Parkwest? 19 years – all as CFO
- How much has the hospital grown or changed since you were hired?There has been remarkable growth at Parkwest in the 19 years I’ve been here. Here are a few statistics (I’m a finance guy – of course there will be stats in this discussion!):
- Admissions have gone from 11,000 to 18,000 (a 63% increase)
- Surgeries have increased from 11,000 to 15,000 (36%)
- Average daily census has jumped from 170 to 250 (47%)
It is truly hard to believe the transformation Parkwest has seen in my time here. Obviously, the most significant physical change has been the addition of the Riverstone Tower and the razing of the old East/Central Building (original 1973 construction). Now, as I write this, we see yet another massive addition being constructed on our campus – so exciting!
- What’s your favorite memory of working at Parkwest? My favorite memory is all of the anticipation and hard work that went in to getting the Riverstone Tower ready to open. We worked many long hours getting it prepared, but we had a wonderful team that responded to the challenge – and we got a lot closer as a team in the process.
- What’s kept you at Parkwest over twenty years? Family – my work family. We spend many hours doing what we do – the only way you stay somewhere this long is if you enjoy the people you work with. For me – I enjoy working with people that challenge and support me, and do it with a sense of humor!
- Anything else you’d like to add? Parkwest has been an enormous blessing in my life. I have had the privilege of meeting and working with outstanding people, many of which have become lifelong friends. I continue to be, and will always be, so very grateful for the opportunity to make Parkwest a better place for our patients and community!